Other areas involved in Central Receiving:
- Receiving Freight
- Shipping Freight
- Export Control
- Assisting the Moves and Events Office
- Assisting with Surplus Property and Annual Auction
Central Receiving receives all goods ordered by Texas State teaching, research, administrative and project offices. Services include the following:
- Receiving from vendors and transportation companies all material obtained by Purchase Order, P-Card and Special Events.
- Verify to determine correct quantity and inspect for damages
- Delivery to appropriate Department by Goods Receipts
Material will be processed through Central Receiving on a first received - first delivered basis, unless the nature of the material dictates special handling. Partial and complete shipments will be handled in the same manner. Normal deliveries should arrive by the following business day.
- Cartons will be opened as necessary to count the number of items delivered and to inspect for damage. This inspection DOES NOT provide technical inspections.
- The delivery crew WILL NOT stock shelves or supply cabinets.
A Goods receipt/Hand receipt must be signed by the accepting department at time of delivery. The department can print a copy of the receipt using SAP transaction MB90. If there are any issues with the delivery, such as receiving something that doesn't belong to you or something is received on a hand receipt that should have been received against a purchase order, please notify Central Receiving immediately or within 3 business days.
If there is a change of delivery address, or special delivery instructions, please notify the Central Receiving office.
Certain materials, due to their nature, will not be accepted at Central Receiving. The following are examples of such items; however, these items include but are not limited to the materials listed below, and should be delivered directly to the appropriate recipient:
- Live Animals
- Bottled Gas
- Food for Human Consumption
- Gasoline/Chemicals (Bulk Deliveries)
- Plate Glass
Departments that directly receive freight ordered on a purchase order must complete and submit a Goods Receipt Notification form online.
- Complete the attached form Return Shipping Information Form for all outbound freight services. Central Receiving will schedule your pickup and call you if special arrangements need to be made.
Shipping costs (if applicable) will be charged to the department requesting shipping services, if Vendor has not provided you with Prepaid Shipment Information. Call Central Receiving at 245-2558 to request outbound freight services.
It is the responsibility of all Texas State University employees who are shipping items outside the United States (including hand-carrying items such as research equipment, materials, data, or biological or chemical materials) to comply with export control laws and regulations. Any transfer of project information, equipment, materials, or technology out of the U.S. by any method may be subject to export control restrictions and may require an export license or be prohibited depending on the item, destination, recipient, and end-use.
Even if an item is cleared through Customs, it may still require an export control license. The simple act of sending a package to a foreign collaborator can result in a violation of export controls. All international shipments must be authorized by the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance (ORIC) http://www.txstate.edu/research/orc and Materials Management prior to shipping anything out of the United States.
All TX State employees must contact ORIC (email@example.com) and request an export shipping assessment. Upon the conclusion of the assessment, ORIC will contact the exporter and Materials Management in writing of the results of the assessment. If the item is authorized to be shipped Materials Management will facilitate the coordination of the shipment for the exporter with an approved 3rd party vendor.