Central Receiving (Details)
FSS/PPS No. 05.01.07, in part, states our responsibilities as follows (edited slightly for spacing purposes):
The Director of Materials Management has the authority and responsibility for managing all general-use storage space at the University Distribution Center and surrounding grounds. The Director of Materials Management has the authority to assign, allocate, and manage such space.
The Associate Vice President for Finance and Support Services Planning (AVPFSSP) has the authority and responsibility for managing all other general-use storage at Texas State. This includes, but is not limited to the West Warehouse, surrounding grounds, and out buildings. The AVPFSSP has the authority to assign, allocate, and manage such space.
- Texas State Property - Items stored in general-use space must be Texas State property. Storage of personal items is prohibited.
- Storage Requests- All requests to permanently or temporarily use interior or exterior storage, at the University Distribution Center must be submitted to the Director of Materials Management for approval. The "Storage Request Form" (Attachment I, Form #MM00) must be used for this purpose.
- All requests to permanently or temporarily use interior or exterior, for other areas of Texas State must be submitted to the AVPFSSP for approval. The "Storage Request Form" (Attachment II) shall be used for this purpose.
- Processing Time - All requests for storage should be made at least ten (10) days in advance of the actual date needed, to allow time for approval and to make arrangements.
- Storage Approval - The Director of Materials Management or AVPFSSP, upon receipt of the Storage Request Form, will contact the individual making the request, to confirm and clarify all aspects of the request before a decision of denial or approval is made.
- Time Limit - Storage is generally limited to a period not to exceed six months. Records retention requirement may extend that time frame.
- Storage and Moving Charges - In situations in which non-E & G items are requested to be stored in E & G space; a storage charge my be assessed to the requesting department. Moving Charges for items to be stored are assessed in accordance with Moving Policy (FSS/PPS 05.01.02).
Areas of Responsibility: