Moves & Events
Moves and Events is involved with the day-to-day operation of setting up and picking up items for special events, picking up items for surplus, moving offices, and assisting the Central Receiving office when necessary:
- Collect and store surplus property and equipment
- Deliver surplus to departments on request
- Deliver new furniture
- Provide chairs, tables, desktop podiums and portable chalkboards for classroom use
- Assisting with Central Receiving Office
- Assisting with Auctions of Surplus Property
MM&L Labor Rates
Materials Management & Logistics (MM&L) services are billed on labor charges associated with the performance of work done by MM&L Warehouse Workers. These charges are based on labor rates which include direct salary costs, vacation and sick leave benefits, and materials and vehicle overhead. The current rate is $25 per hour per man. Work performed after normal work hrs. (8-5, M-F) and/or on weekends will be based on a time and a half rate. There is a minimum charge of one hour and one man or $25. The total time of the service starts and ends at the University Distribution Center (UDC) building.
- Requesting Tables and Chairs for an Event
- Requesting Pickup of Surplus Equipment
- Requesting Delivery of Surplus Equipment from Warehouse
- Requesting Departmental Moves
- Requesting Catalog Delivery
Handling Surplus Property
- To request removal of items from your inventory, complete the Equipment Transfer Form and have it signed and ready for our personnel when they arrive to pick up your surplus equipment.
- To request items picked up, use the online form: Requesting for items to be Picked Up for Surplus.
Please Note: We ask that you please sign in at the front desk, and as you wander through the warehouse, please be careful. Surplus items are stored inside the yellow safety boundaries that specifically indicate you should not cross without appropriate warehouse personnel with you. These markings are there for your safety, and when you cross into these areas, you are not only putting yourself at risk, but those of our warehouse personnel.
For any questions about the Moves and Events office, please contact Arturo Pineda at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 245-2569.