Skip to Content

Equipment Inventory Section

The initial step in the annual inventory process (E.V.E.) will be done by staff from ITAC, Financial Services and Materials Management and Logistics using digital equipment. This is the first major process improvement benefitting departments as their involvement will be minimal. Account Managers will still receive and need to approve inventory listings created from the VAT but after the initial process of E.V.E. is completed. They will still be responsible for locating and submitting documentation on any Missing equipment that EVE or their Staff couldn’t verify.UPPS 05.01.01

Form A: Report of Inventory of General Furniture and Equipment

Equipment Transfers

UPPS 05.01.01 indicates:

  • If a department has an item assigned to its account that it is transferred to another department, an "Equipment Transfer Form" should be sent to Property Management, listing the inventory number, item description and the department's name receiving the item, so proper transfers of the item can be made on the inventory records. If this is not done, the original department head/account manager will be held accountable for the equipment until this is done.

When a capitalized or controlled item is either switched between

  • accounts, or
  • departments, or
  • sent to surplus,

Then a Texas State Equipment Transfer form must be completed.

Frequently Asked Questions

A. Missing Inventory Tags

What should I do if I have an item that needs to have an inventory tag?

Contact Property Management by phone at 245-2709 or E-mail us at with the building, room number and contact's name and phone number. One of our field reps will come and tag it after we receive this information.

B. Missing Equipment

What do I do if I can't find a piece of equipment that is listed on my departmental inventory?

If you have diligently looked for the item without success, the University Police Department must be contacted to report suspected or actual losses or theft and a Missing, Damaged or Stolen property report MUST be completed with the Department Heads signature for each item in accordance with UPPS 05.01.01 paragraph 04.02 complete a Missing or Stolen Property Report (HTML format) and forward it with the proper signatures to Materials Management.

C. Transfer Equipment

What do I do if I transferred in a piece of equipment, but it still appears on my inventory?

Send a copy of the Equipment Transfer Form to Property Management, so the records can be researched and updated.

D. Look up Help

Can you look up an inventory number for me?

Sure! Or, to make it easier for you, if you have access to the SAP FI display role, transaction "AS03" can be used to look up inventory numbers. If you do not have access to AS03, or cannot access the information, contact Property Management at 245-2709 for assistance.

E. Grant Equipment

What if equipment was purchased with grant funds and the grant was closed?

The equipment should be transferred to the departmental account. Use the Equipment Transfer Form.